Please see the Publications tab for an up-to-date list of my papers, theses, etc.; this page has some popular write-ups of work I've been involved with.
Magnetic Monopoles in Spin Ice
Published in Nature.
My experimental collaborators detected signatures of magnetic monopoles in the spin ice material dysprosium titanate, based on our earlier theoretical predictions. You can read some popular summaries here:
and an article about the original proposal here:
The Excitonic Insulator State in Titanium Diselenide
Published in Science.
- Excitonium: New form of matter discovered 50 years after it was first theorised (The Independent)
- Physicists excited by discovery of new form of matter, excitonium (eurekalert)
- Physicists Discover New Form of Matter, Excitonium (scitechdaily)
Charge Density Waves in Niobium Diselenide
- Young-Woo Son, Double Charge Wave, Nature Physics News and Views (2021)
- Researchers Identify the Way Electrons Form Crystals Within Crystals
- Caltech Announces Discovery in Fundamental Physics